[HECnet] DECserver 200/MC - Worth a Punt?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Sep 18 18:27:32 PDT 2012

On 09/18/2012 01:26 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
What about the Model 90 family? (Don't forget that care package, the
yetis are waiting.)

  Oh, and...Autumn and I just landed in PA from our last truck trip from
FL.   I hope to get caught up on everything soon, and your care package
is near the top of the list.   One of the little Sun systems that I had
earmarked for you was actually in that load.

  Do you have the ability to install Solaris (or NetBSD, that also runs
nice on 64-bit SPARC systems) on your end?   I'm sorry to ask, but I
honestly don't know your level of expertise in that area.

Yes to both questions about OS installs. My website is running on one
and I installed Solaris 10 March 2005 onto a drive stuffed into that
unit.

  Excellent.

We can go over the details for what you're sending off list later.

  Sounds good.