[HECnet] Area 7 (non) changes

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Mon Sep 17 20:38:23 PDT 2012

Hello, list.

I've move some simulated machines to my brand new raspberry PI :). Now these systems:

- BITXOO (7.61, VMS 4.7, Area router)
- BITXOR (7.71, RSX11-M+)
- BITXOV (7.60, VMS 7.3)

reside in that little thingy :). The three are running at the same time (mostly idle otoh...). There should be no external effect, unless I am so silly to try to boot up the old "copy" of those machines.

For general information and amusement, I downloaded simh from the git repository, apt-get installed the network prerreq packages (basically the vde2 and the libpcap stuff) and built 3.9 from sources. It toke a little bit of time (the raspberry is not a lightning fast machine...), but everything built OK, no trouble, no hassle... I used the VDE setup I described in my blog, with no problems either.

So I've sucumbed to the raspberry virus too... :)

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES