[HECnet] Italian DECnet...

Tim Sneddon tim at sneddon.id.au
Tue Apr 23 18:44:27 PDT 2013

Hi,

I know there had been discussion before about bringing these two together. Although, I must admit that I didn't pay too much attention to what went on, just that I don't think it happened. So, tell me to get lost if this has been suggested or if nobody cares...

Now that we have Cisco routers and DECbrouters on the network, has anyone considered connecting a GRE tunnel into their network and then using the DECnet address translation gateway in IOS to map their network to an area we allocate specifically for them. That way there is no merging as such, just a bit of "gluing".

Regards, Tim.