[HECnet] Cluster problem - %SYSINIT-E, error mounting system device, status = 0072832C

h vlems hvlems at zonnet.nl
Thu Apr 25 14:45:08 PDT 2013

Not at all I should hope.
Mounting devices in sylogicals is a bad habit, although I did earn money helping people out of their own made trap. Sylogicals is always called irrespective of systartup_p1. So a mistake in a device name in a mount command will hang the system . Of course mount can survive /recover but not the sysadmins that called me....
Hans

> I've somehow managed to screw up the boot node of HILANT, basically KUHAVX will boot fine by itself (VAXCLUSTER set to 0) but when I try to boot it as the boot node for the cluster I get this error:
>
> %SYSINIT-E, error mounting system device, status = 0072832C
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Here's the full output:
>
> (BOOT/R5:1 DUA0
>

> 2..
> -DUA0
> 1..0..
>

> SYSBOOT> SET VAXCLUSTER 2
>
> SYSBOOT> CONT
>
> %SYSBOOT-I-SYSBOOT Mapping the SYSDUMP.DMP on the System Disk
> %SYSBOOT-I-SYSBOOT SYSDUMP.DMP on System Disk successfully mapped
> %SYSBOOT-I-SYSBOOT Mapping PAGEFILE.SYS on the System Disk
> %SYSBOOT-I-SYSBOOT SAVEDUMP parameter not set to protect the PAGEFILE.SYS
> OpenVMS (TM) VAX Version V7.3 Major version id = 1 Minor version id = 0
> %WBM-I-WBMINFO Write Bitmap has successfully completed initialization.
> %SYSINIT, waiting to form or join a VMScluster system
> %VAXcluster-I-LOADSECDB, loading the cluster security database
> %MSCPLOAD-I-LOADMSCP, loading the MSCP disk server
> %CNXMAN, sending VAXcluster membership request to system SIIRI
> %CNXMAN, now a VAXcluster member -- system KUHAVX
> %SYSINIT-E, error mounting system device, status = 0072832C
>

> sampsa <sampsa at mac.com>
> mobile +961 788 10537

How are you mounting the system device in SYLOGICALS?