[HECnet] RSX SYSGEN problem

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Apr 21 11:50:04 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-21 06:12, Bob Armstrong wrote:
      I can   t figure this one out     I load RSX11M+ from tapes and do a
SYSGEN.   All goes perfectly.   But then if I do a SYSGEN again (say,
because I want to change something in the first configuration) several
drivers fail to link.   Looking at the map file for one, say DLDRV, shows

Undefined references:

        $BLKC2

        $BMSET

        $CVLBN

        $MPUBM

        $RLCN

        $RQCND

                                  $STMAP

                                  $VOLVD

They look like system service calls to me, but the second SYSGEN was
done with the same executive options as the first.   In fact, I used the
saved answer file for that part of the SYSGEN     all I did the second
time around was to change the peripheral configuration part.

    Is there something I   m supposed to do to clean up or re-initialize
after the first sysgen?

No. No cleaning up or re-initialization is required.

Yes, the symbols are defined in the kernel. I'm not sure why they fail
to resolve. I've never seen, heard or had this problem.

Could you send the command file that sysgen creates that task builds the
driver?

By the way, DLDRV is vectored, so these symbols are supposed to come from LB:[3,54]RSXVEC.STB. Make sure that file do exist.