[HECnet] RSX SYSGEN problem

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sun Apr 21 05:12:32 PDT 2013

     I can   t figure this one out     I load RSX11M+ from tapes and do a SYSGEN.   All goes perfectly.   But then if I do a SYSGEN again (say, because I want to change something in the first configuration) several drivers fail to link.   Looking at the map file for one, say DLDRV, shows

Undefined references:

       $BLKC2
       $BMSET
       $CVLBN
       $MPUBM
       $RLCN
       $RQCND
                                 $STMAP
                                 $VOLVD

They look like system service calls to me, but the second SYSGEN was done with the same executive options as the first.   In fact, I used the saved answer file for that part of the SYSGEN     all I did the second time around was to change the peripheral configuration part.

   Is there something I   m supposed to do to clean up or re-initialize after the first sysgen?

Thanks,
Bob