[HECnet] punched tape

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 19 19:41:44 PDT 2013

On 04/19/2013 02:39 PM, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

El 19/04/2013, a les 19:48, Lee Gleason <lee.gleason at comcast.net> va escriure:

How many people on this list have ever used paper tape at a job?

Not at a job, but the first "real" computer I put my hands on was a Motorola EXORCiser, with a TTY attached (no CRT) when I was at High School. The only way I had to "save" programs was paper tape. Eventually I got a nice 8 inch floppy, but I was using paper tape for a while.

  Similar story here, but with a PDP-8/e.   It had DECtape (TU56) and paper
tape.   I still have the system.