[HECnet] VAX/VMS 1.50

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 5 01:02:14 PDT 2013

On 04/04/2013 05:28 PM, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
Apparently not. The reason I came up with the device is that I used a
PDP 11/40 with a DU11 to connect to a Burroughs B7700 using an RJE like
protocol. It was called SYSTEM/SATCOM IIRC. The PDP ran RT-11 V4. Other
than that, networks were built using 1200 baud modems on serial lines.
No DMF32 nor DZ11 in '79. How did one connect all those VT52's and
LA36's, via a DL11?

I thought DZ11s were around back then.   But if not, the DH11 sure was, 16
lines, DMA output.

  Pretty sure they had DMA input too.

But that's for terminals up to 9600 baud.

  19.2K.