[HECnet] VAX/VMS 1.50

Mon Apr 8 00:19:12 PDT 2013

On Apr 6, 2013, at 7:40 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

"Cory Smelosky" <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

Hmmm.   There is no LATCP.EXE, LAT$STARTUP.COM, or LTLOAD.COM it would
appear.   Was it an add-on kit for VMS 3.5 or did I miss something rather
important? ;)

Though I lived it, recalling this history is not one of my strong points.
LAT showed up in VMS circa 1984/1985 time frame from my recollection.   I
think you will need a newer version of VMS if you want LAT.   Look around
for V4.7 (pre-SMP/V5.0) or later VMS.   They should have LAT and DECnet IV.

I think LAT is older than that, but it certainly is part of the Ethernet era, so that would be early 1980s.   Not 1979, which is the date on that V1.50 release.   No Ethernet, so no LAT.

	paul