[HECnet] Algol compiler for VAX/VMS?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Apr 5 16:23:36 PDT 2013

I just checked with a number of the old Tech Language guys.   No one remembers that DEC ever did an Algol for the Vax.

But the Brits did a "portable" system called Algol68RS at firm called RSRE and Oxford and Cambridge.    It originally targeted the ICL boxes, but at some point was made to generate VAX/VMS code and was by a firm called SPL in the early mid 1980s.    I suspect Google is your friend.

BTW:   some one has a portable compiler for the Algol-W  dialect  called AWE that is written in C and is supposed to be portable to UNIX boxes.    I never tried it.