[HECnet] Algol compiler for VAX/VMS?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Apr 5 18:47:58 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-05 18:26, Bob Armstrong wrote:
*>*Coral66 was the name. I have a manual for it.

    I have to admit that I   d never heard of Coral before, but I did some
reading and although it looks like Algol, I suspect that it   s not close
enough to be useful.   Sounds like Coral was intended for embedded
systems and real time use and, in besides other syntactic differences,
it lacks any kind of standard I/O library.

    FWIW, the Wikipedia article has a link to the source for a Coral
compiler if anybody is interested.   It   s written in BCPL, so good luck :-)

I seem to remember that I have BCPL for RSX... Ah, yes... It's installed on MIM::, all the stuff sits in MIM::DU:[BCPL]

	Johnny

Bob