[HECnet] Algol compiler for VAX/VMS?

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Apr 5 18:32:12 PDT 2013

Mod2 and Mod3 were done in DEC research group, mostly by from ex-PARC folks
that had done Cedar et al

  I can't say for sure, but I think the one I have (which I posted to this
group a while ago) descends from Niklaus himself.

  From the MVCOMPILER.MOD file -

(****************************************
*                                                                             *
*         MODULA-2 Multi-Pass Compiler           *
*         ****************************           *
*                                                                             *
*             VAX/VMS Implementation                   *
*                                                                             *
*                                                                             *
*         MVCompiler:                                             *
*                                                                             *
*         private part of the common base     *
*         of the Modula-2 compiler                   *
*                                                                             *
*         Version 3.1 of   1-FEB-1983               *
*         Based on PDP11 Implementation:       *
*         Version M22 of 17.03.81                     *
*         Institut fuer Informatik                   *
*         ETH-Zuerich                                             *
*         CH-8092 Zuerich                                     *