[HECnet] Algol compiler for VAX/VMS?

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Apr 5 17:26:14 PDT 2013

>Coral66 was the name. I have a manual for it.

   I have to admit that I   d never heard of Coral before, but I did some reading and although it looks like Algol, I suspect that it   s not close enough to be useful.   Sounds like Coral was intended for embedded systems and real time use and, in besides other syntactic differences, it lacks any kind of standard I/O library.

   FWIW, the Wikipedia article has a link to the source for a Coral compiler if anybody is interested.   It   s written in BCPL, so good luck :-)

Bob