[HECnet] Connected to MIM on my VT420

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Apr 1 00:22:04 PDT 2013

On 2013-03-31 08:27, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On 30 Mar 2013, at 17:52, "Gregg Levine" <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 30 Mar 2013, at 14:59, "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 03/30/2013 02:43 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
You need a VT55.   Good luck finding thermal paper for it though.
;-)
We bought 2 new (old stock) VT55's in the early 80s.   They were
kind
of fun for graphs, but not worth what the school paid for them.

I'd love to have one of those.   They're all pretty much gone at
this point,
unfortunately.   The few that remain aren't able to be pried out
of their
owners' hands. (and I don't blame them one bit!)

Hello!
And here I believed you had rooms of things that you haven't even
gotten around to unpacking yet.

Well, a small number of rooms (this building is basically three
very large,
open floors) but I generally know what I have.

Unlike this house which is vastly smaller and I often forget the odd
things I have. ;)

Of course this does explain why there is a legion of mechanical
contrivances running around welding doors shut after making sure no
one, cats included, happened to be inside them.

The cats are lying around being lazy, as cats are wont to do.   They
really
don't care about welded doors.

Food, on the other hand...Fergie (one particularly cute and lazy cat)
looked at my breakfast and said, "Hey, that looks yummy!   Put it in
the cat!"

Now i'm going to have annoying pop songs stuck in my head.

Hello!
That's okay. There's a big green thing outside it humming those
annoying pop songs until one of two things happen. The first one is he
gets paid off by those yetis who're still playing trampoline with your
connections out. Or it rains and he gets washed away.

That would explain why I keep getting distracted!

Guys....

        Johnny

To get back on topic, I no longer have issues remaining connected to MIM.   It seems like that night was an isolated incident.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff