[HECnet] Cisco Catalyst family members

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 00:47:39 PDT 2013

Hello!
Here's a stretch, a shop in California named WeirdStuff is selling a
Cisco Catalyst 2948G for 35 dollars. Obviously that prices does not
include S&H costs. They go onto discuss what else the thing has, such
as - Layer 3 Switch - 48 Ports 10/100 - 2 GBIC Ports for Gigabit
uplink. I believe that is a good description. But I'm no judge of
prices.

Someone here made the mistake of throwing out a batch of Cisco gear
items and I rescued them before the local vulture union could destroy
them. New I believe they are worth more then some of the cars people
drive here.

One was a Catalyst 2900, and the other was a Catalyst 2960G, (with the
optical delivery items for fiber-optics), and still another was a
2500, (which is a classic amongst that family I believe.), and then a
3600, the other happened to be a 2550 series unit.

How hard is it to identify them and confirm what I rescued?
----
Dave you didn't do it. Cory you did, six yeti saw you do it, and then
arranged for it to be sent elsewhere.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com