[HECnet] two dumb RSX questions

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Dec 24 11:53:45 PST 2013

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

  Understood; perfect...Thanks!   I know very little about DELUAs.   I
hope to survive netgen and see what I can make work.   Thank you for your
help!

You're really making me wish I had a working PDP-11 at the moment. ;)

The 11/23+ has the busted crystal (albeit the entire board will be
replaced and I will hopefully repair the old one)

The 11/44 needs the PSU replaced (I need to go pick it up)

I lack the bootstrap module for the 11/03 (does anyone have RQDX3 bootcode
for RT-11 memorised?   I'd need to boot XXDP, first however...by hand as I
have no working floppy drive for it, vtserver doesn't run well at 4800
baud on my working system, I'm stuck at 4800 baud due to lack of wire-wrap
tools, and a cap on the 11/03 (that is likely very important) blew out and
I don't have a spare on hand).

I have several caps on hand...but they're flat discs...not aluminium
electrolitics. :(

I'm a little impatient it seems. ;)

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff