[HECnet] 11/24 ACF problem solved

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Dec 31 14:06:24 PST 2013

  ...or rather, sidestepped.   I asked about this issue yesterday in case
anyone had a quick "problem X can definitely cause that" response,
before diving in with XXDP, etc.   I checked power and configuration, all
good, so I...dove in with XXDP.

  I have three 11/24 CPUs.   Two of them drop to ODT when I run the JKDA
diag, for the F11 MMU.   Those two also report errors in every MS11-P
board that I have (about eight) at the end of every 16KB "page" of
memory during the ZMSP test.   The third board passes all tests, and runs
RSX11M's ACF without hanging.   It's running sysgen now, and I expect the
new executive to boot fine.

  Something is clearly up with those other two boards.