[HECnet] anyone have a physical 9 track tape drive still working?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Dec 30 15:49:31 PST 2013

On 2013-12-30 17:29, lee.gleason at comcast.net wrote:

    It's my month for trying to read old media. I've been   going through
my collection to try and eliminate bulky things I won't be using. I came
across around 10 reel to reel mag tapes from RSX and VMS,   from my early
DEC career, that I would like to see about getting copied to SIMH tape
format.

    Does anyone on the list here in the US still have a working 9 track
tape drive on their systems, that would be willing to convert these at a
hobbyist-friendly price? I dimly recall that these tapes would be 1600 BPI.

I bet there are some. But in case noone turns up, and you have plenty of time, it could be solved this summer in Sweden...