[HECnet] Field service MDM for MVIII?

Jerome H. Fine jhfinedp3k at compsys.to
Thu Dec 19 17:42:16 PST 2013

>Cory Smelosky wrote:

Evening,

Anyone have a copy of an image?   I can't find an image with a quick google and I lack a tape drive so I'll need to do a bit of hackey stuff to boot it anyway.

I need it in order to format an ST-251 as I can't get my damn 11/23+ working.

XXDP uses ZRQC?? to format an RD31 (ST-251? - right
now I can't remember) for the RQDX3 controller.   I assume
that since you are using a PDP-11/23+, you are on a Qbus
system, probably a BA23 and you also have an RX50.

bitsavers should have all the XXDP images.   If you can't find
them there, lets us know and I am confident that someone
can help.   Your can use PUTR from John Wilson to copy
the RX50 image to a 5 1/4" on a PC using a HD floppy drive.
Don't forget to use 360K DSDD 5 1/4" media, NOT 1.2M
HD 5 1/4" media.

If I misunderstood your question (you did mention a MVIII in
the Subject), then please clarify.

Jerome Fine