[HECnet] Why does FAL generate this many reply packets?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Dec 18 14:05:18 PST 2013

I'm copying some files over from CHIMPY to RFSAXP and did a MONITOR DECNET in another window and got these rather strage results:

				CUR 	    AVE               MIN               MAX
Arriving Local Packet Rate           404.98         412.40         398.89         424.22
Departng Local Packet Rate           149.99         170.02         148.96         195.28

So I'm guessing FAL sends a BIG packet of data when transmitting a file, and the other side replies with multiple ACKs or something?

Sampsa