[HECnet] NOTES system?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Feb 25 10:30:18 PST 2013

I suspect so. iterm2 has much more complete vtxxx support,  extensions, abilities to use different HW etc. - check out the help files.    You'll find reprogrammed configs for most every function I have personally looked.

The one complaint about  item (first edition) and EDT is described here:
           https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1470855?start=0&tstart=0
But I am under the impression that issue was fixed/supported in iterm2

That said, I don't use EDT on VMS so, I never looked for support for it on my Mac   (vi and emacs are more to my liking) - but I know many people that loved EDT and TECO.   In the early 1980's one of my co-worked wrote some elisp for emacs so the ex-VMS/EDT guys could move from UNIX.   Funny, I remember the  groussing at the time, although I don't think I know any of them that continued to use the crutch longer than a few months -- well except for Cantrell (who ended up writing a version of TECO in C see below), after they learned vi/emacs (like me) they went back since those editors are ubiquitous.

Clem

cut/pasted from:   http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TecoEditor
Paul Cantrell has released a particularly interactive version of TECO called Video TECO.  http://videoteco.sourceforge.net/  has source available via CVS. A manual for this version is at  http://www.copters.com/teco.html  .

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:

On 25 Feb 2013, at 19:06, Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:

> check out http://www.iterm2.com

OK so I'm running it - doesn't seem to do that much more than Terminal.app - am I missing something here?

sampsa