[HECnet] Fwd: Virtual Cisco North American hub?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat Feb 23 16:31:39 PST 2013

On 23 Feb 2013, at 19:30, Peter Lothberg <roll at Stupi.SE> wrote:

On 02/23/2013 07:21 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I've managed to coax my provider in to giving me another IP
(apparently 5 IPs come with my plan), so I can get a virtual cisco
up on my VPS (in Canada).

Brian, would you like to get this all joined in to the mesh?   Is a NA
hub still needed or has someone else offered one? (This'd be on an
unmetered gigE pipe)

I think running a hub on an emulated router maybe isn't the best idea.
(sorry to say so)

We also have to take in to account how to get some kind of resonalble
routing, as the inside of an area is not exchanged with other areas.

-P

Very well.   I'll dedicate the IP to running ancient Solaris or something then.;)