[HECnet] HECnet Notes Conferences created

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Sun Feb 24 06:35:24 PST 2013

The following VMS/Notes conferences have been created:

LABVAX::
      HECnet				General discussions about HECnet
      Whatever			Any topic you wish (outside of HECnet).
DEC used to call this one "SOAPBOX".

STRGTE::
      DCL_PROCEDURES		DCL Procedures for any/all DEC operating
systems
      INSTALLATION_REQUESTS	If you need ANY help installing ANY DEC
product this might be the place to start.
      RSTS				General discussions about RSTS
and RSTS/E
      RT-11				General discussions about RT-11
      SYSTEM_MANAGEMENT		General discussions about non-specific
System Management
      VMS_SYSTEM_MANAGEMENT	General discussions about VMS System
Management

Each conference has two initial notes.   The first note is a welcome
notice.   The second note is reserved for system related messages.   Each
of these notes are marked "/NOWRITE" and are reserved for
system/moderator use.

Additional conferences will be created as necessary.   We are looking for
additional conference topics, hosts systems, and moderators.   Please
step up to make this a success.   All you need is notes running on one of
your systems to host a conference, or an account on a system with notes
running to administer (moderate) one.   The Notes Conferencing System has
extensive help within it to make the moderator task easier.   If you need
an account (do I hear another Notes Conference in the works), just ask
either Sampsa or myself and we can set you up.

Maybe the first additional Notes Conference should be about the care and
feeding of Notes Conferences!   :-)

Enjoy!

-Steve