[HECnet] HECnet Area Request

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Feb 19 04:04:23 PST 2013

On 2013-02-19 09:24, G. wrote:
On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:49:52 +0100, you wrote:

NCP> copy known nodes from rullfs using permanent to volatile

Would that also work from MIM?

But other executor parameters would remain lost after a purge.

Just out of curiosity, which executor parameters would you loose with 'copy
known nodes'? We (Italian DECnet) usually do a 'copy known nodes from xxxxxx
using permanent to both with purge' and never noticed any problems (as long as
there are no "private" nodes locally defined and not registered into the node
we consider the authoritative database for node names).

You wouldn't loose anything, except for overwritten nodenames.
The executor parameters were lost because of my lazy DCL script writing. I had a "PURGE NODE * ALL" in there. Changed now...

The above works for VMS (at least down to V4.7); TOPS-10 has to be manually
updated; RSTS too; I do not remember about TOPS-20 any more: too much time has
passed since my last experiments with it.

Tops-10 and TOPS-20 are very similar.