[HECnet] HECnet Area Request

Erik Olofsen e.olofsen at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 19 03:24:08 PST 2013

I have a diskless node; the copy with purge command does purge the load
parameters of the remote node...

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:32:46AM +0100, G. wrote:
On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:01:48 +0100, you wrote:

The executor node had also lost the routing type (area), after the NCP PURGE,
DEFINEs and reboot. If I execute a COPY command with "WITH PURGE", I get one
"component in wrong state message, probably when the executor node data is
going to be modified. This might explain it - do you see this message as well?

Yes, I get it too, and that's probably a side effect. Anyway, COPY was made
specifically for this task; I think it would never have been allowed to leave
DEC if it would have deleted/damaged the executor configuration. I think that
PURGE NODE * ALL is too "strong" in this context...

G. :)