[HECnet] HECnet Area Request

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Feb 18 16:36:49 PST 2013

On 2013-02-18, at 10:19 AM, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-"
<system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

$ PIPE MCR NCP < FIX.CMD

When I do this, I get a bunch of errors like:

%NCP-W-INVPVA, Invalid parameter value , Name
Remote node =     32.5 (YELLOW)

Am I doing something wrong?

Nope. (This on a VMS box with a rather outdated nodename database):

$ mcr ncp
NCP>sho nod yellow

Node Volatile Summary as of 19-FEB-2013 01:26:09

        Node                     State           Active   Delay     Circuit         Next node
                                                            Links

32.5 (YELLOW)                                                                 ISA-0                 1.13 (MIM)
NCP>tell mim sho nod yellow

Node Volatile Summary as of 19-FEB-2013 01:26:16

        Node                     State           Active   Delay     Circuit         Next node
                                                            Links

13.5 (YELLOW)

Notice that the node YELLOW already exists, but with another number.
That cause an error when you try and set it.

You need to clear nodes where you see that error.

By the way, I could do a generic clear in the VMS command procedure, before starting the defines. Would people prefer that?