[HECnet] HECnet Area Request

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Feb 18 16:24:46 PST 2013

On 2013-02-18 19:02, Ian McLaughlin wrote:
(bumping an old thread)

Johnny,

excuse my ignorance, but how do I execute your fix.cmd inside NCP?   Is there a VMS DCL one-liner that I can type that will execute NCP and cause it to run your script?

Doh! I have always assumed that VMS was as generic as RSX, and that basically any program with a standard like interface like NCP took @filename as a possible command, meaning to read commands from that file. It would appear VMS don't do that.

Brian's sugegstion using PIPE looks reasonable, but I can create a more VMS-specific command file as well. Hang on...

I now have a MIM::US:[DECNET]FIX.COM, which should be usable from DCL on VMS...

	Johnny

Thanks!

Ian