[HECnet] Accesing HECnet nodes from the Internet

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Feb 20 04:33:42 PST 2013

CHIMPY offers accounts, but no guest account per se.

telnet://chimpy.sampsa.com/

sampsa

On 19 Feb 2013, at 13:22, G. <gerry77 at mail.com> wrote:

Once upon a time, when I wanted to play with HECnet or check something, I used
to telnet and login into a VMS node called MAISA, and from there I was able to
access the whole HECnet. Now MAISA seems long gone and today I remembered that
I can directly telnet to MIM, and so I did. But now I'm wondering wether is
somewhere available a publicly accessible list of telnetable HECnet nodes
offering guest access to the network... Is there something of that sort? :)

Thanks!
G.