[HECnet] LSE (language senstitive editor)

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 06:59:32 PST 2013

On 2/18/2013 9:01 AM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
Fred<fcoffey at misernet.net>   writes:

Hi all:

Sent a message from Alpha (woops) and wondered why it didn't make it to
the list. ;)

Let's try again.   Was wondering if anyone had kit for Language Sensitive
Editor.   I notice the hobbyist licenses contain a PAK for it, and was
curious it would be a "better" (1) solution for editing code other than
using TPU.
LSE is in the DECSET tool kit.   If you find a kit for DECSET, you can then
selectively install the pieces in it that you desire.

LSE is built on/with TPU, BTW.

If you get a Hobbyist license and then ask for access to the HP FTP sites DECset is included in both the Alpha and Itanium downloads.   Possibly the VAX but an older version.

I always thought LSE was built with TPU.

John H. Reinhardt