[HECnet] TCP/IP experts?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Feb 16 17:47:09 PST 2013

below . . .

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

Glad you did actually get credit, what license was your stuff released under?
License??    we did need no stinking license.    We shared it.    It was a cute hack I wrote one weekend when I was a grad student.   Klein was an old friend from CMU, he wanted it.    I sent it to him.   ....

I would agree there.   I was referring to the current FSF-lead RMS army, not the older project.

rms was who I was refering too at the time (late 1970s, early 1980s).       He seems to be the one that took Gosling EMACs and rerouted it and he did not have a debugger for his C compiler.    Mark finished up pdx and dbx (and graduated).    They started with it and forked it.