[HECnet] TCP/IP experts?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Feb 16 16:51:14 PST 2013

On 2013-02-17 01:28, Clem Cole wrote:
Linux ip/tcp stack is not the bbn/bsd derived code.   it was independently developed so the fact that they are differences is not surprising.       one of my own personal gripes about Linux is the desire/need to redo things from scratch (ext fs comes to find here also).

I seem to remember that they have in fact had several implementations, as their first attempts really sucked (Linux people take some pride in the many iterations they do of implementations, it would seem).

I would not be surprised to learn that after a few failed attempts, they "borrows" parts of the BSD code for their TCP/IP, but I have not looked properly at it in quite a number of years.

	Johnny