[HECnet] TCP/IP experts?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Feb 16 13:33:08 PST 2013

On 2013-02-16 01:13, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Hi. As I'm working on my TCP/IP for RSX, I just noticed something that I
think looks funny in Linux. But right now my head is also spinning, so
maybe there is something I've just forgotten, or don't know, which
explains this. But if anyone can shed some light, I'd be interested.

Just for the record - I *think* that TCP/IP in Linux is misbehaving, but
it's not really hurting anything, but I like my TCP/IP to really do
things as right and optimal as possible.

[...]

Any thoughts, opinions or knowledge always welcome.

Not that I've come any closer to figuring it all out, however I thought I should mention that I've checked some more against both NetBSD and OS/X and neither show the behavior I observe in Linux, so I think I'm just going to attribute this to a crappy implementation on the Linux side. That's not the first time Linux code turns out to be bad, so I'm not totally surprised...

(And yes, I also tried VMS actually... :-) )