[HECnet] ES40 arrived! New nodes please

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Feb 14 20:16:32 PST 2013

On 02/14/2013 11:15 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Mine are pretty much like those, except the internal connector is
parallel, they work with VMS, and they're not parallel SCSI inside.

  If they're not parallel SCSI inside, then what are they?

  The ISP1080 (I think you mentioned your board is ISP1080-based) is a
pretty common PCI to SCSI host adapter chip.   Nearly all of the required
circuitry is on that chip.

  What Gregg was looking for was, I think, something from the Adaptec
AHA2940 family.   Different chip, same basic idea, just as common, but
incompatible at the register level.