[HECnet] Galaxy questions

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Fri Feb 15 05:45:04 PST 2013

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

Does Galaxy with hard partitions let you run different OSes or are you
limi= ted to VMS?

Galaxy is an OpenVMS technology.   Hard partition is the technology within
the console firmware.   It *may* be possible to run different OSs using the
hard partitioning (I never tried it or even thought to) but you wouldn't
be able to do things Galaxy provides such as CPU migration.   Regardless,
you cannot do it on an ES40.   You'd need one of the GS class systems.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG