[HECnet] BTW, Peter..

Dan B dibi58 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 23:23:04 PST 2013

@Dave McGuire - I'm neither a kid nor a gamer.   Perhaps you're
confusing the business vs. consumer services?   They are quite
different; they don't even share a network infrastructure.

Well, the business side is better, for what I understand here (in the
north west,) many businesses use comcast business as backup, the
primaries differ based on each choices.

I don't know of any small company here using comcast as primary,
however may be wrong for lack of data, there may be some, they (cable
companies) lament too low business adoption, but from the other
(business clients) side there are fears mainly of security and
continuity of service.

If you have redundant fibers to your door, you may be better off using
comcast, since I read somewhere that getting fiber to the premises
with ILEC may prevent you to revert back to copper in the future.