[HECnet] BTW, Peter..

Pontus pontus at update.uu.se
Wed Feb 13 03:37:49 PST 2013

On 02/13/2013 12:15 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:

Eeeek.   Sprint! The horror...

  Yeah, it was pretty bad.   High pricing, no inverse DNS (they said it was "a business decision"...FUCKING SUITS!), not-so-great speed, etc. But there are no alternatives in SW FL.

This raises the question, what does one want from an Internet connection? What would be your checklist?

The reason I ask is that I really want a better connection at my house. Since I live somewhat rural it will quite a bit of work (convincing neighbors to share costs, get permits for digging, finding suitable ISP) and therefore I want to get it right.

Peter, would be nice to get your thoughts on the matter, since you have some experience getting high speed connections to country side houses :-)

Sorry if we are drifting to far from topic.

Cheers,
Pontus.