[HECnet] BTW, Peter..

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Feb 11 20:23:55 PST 2013

On 11 Feb 2013, at 23:21, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Peter Lothberg <roll at stupi.se> wrote:
I tried to send you private mail to roll at stupi.se on January 12th, and
it just bounced.   I was offering you an OpenVMS 8.4 Alpha CD image.   Let
me know if you need it.

That would be cool. Bouncing mail, that's becouse Comcast don;t tell
you they do not provide connectivity to the whole Internet..   And my
mail sever is on the part they don't offer you.

--P

                    -Dave

Arrival-Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 16:11:43 -0500 (EST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; roll at Stupi.SE
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; connect to Mail3.Stupi.NET[192.108.206.11]:25:
    Connection timed out

Hello!
Last time I checked, it was like this, if someone has an absolutely
imperatively important need to run their own mailserver, (mail going
in both directions), they needed to make a specific request. And then
convince or confuse the offended ISP.

Comcast, and Cox, and Verizon, and even AT&T (down south), and
possibly Megapath, (mine), normally want to know why. But strangely
enough Megapath, doesn't care about a personal webserver living and
running here.

AT&T didn't care when I got port 25 unblocked   i'm still blacklisted by every mail server due to a dynamic IP though. ;)

The TOS also explicitly allows web servers   or used to anyway   Mind I have a VPS and everything. ;)

(Bell ringing time: Dave there's a box by you complete with an
interesting gadget inside, currently being used by two cats as a
sleeping post, it really needs me.)

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

Cory Smelosky