[HECnet] Mulita issue

Michael Holmes mholmes10 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 9 14:58:23 PST 2013

Forgive me if this is off topic, but I was reading about the fixes to the VAXStation 4000 regarding chips.

I bought a multia several years back and I think it sucommed to being moved to and from Germany and the States too many times.

I had it booting as a satelite off a DEC 3000 just fine, until this last move.

I thought the battery had died and replaced it. (dead battery prevents the bios from coming up)

I get the SRM console and i'd get MOP load message on the DEC 3000 but the MULTIA just hangs after message about bootstrapping.

I heard something about an I/O chip that can go bad on the MB and was wondering if anyone had any ideas that could be used to fix the MULTIA.

thanks

Mike