[HECnet] NT 4 on AlphaServer es40

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Feb 13 13:41:08 PST 2013

On 2013-02-13 22:34, hvlems at zonnet.nl wrote:
my point exactly: VMS handles these requests differently; at the cost of response time.

I should point out that you *can* put that information into NCP on RSX, it's just that you don't *need* to.

And VMS is just being plain silly to scan through the nodename database in the case where the MOP request have an explicit file name in the request. The NCP database is then only potentially used for one thing - if you want to not serve the MOP request.

I have not checked RSX here, but I wonder if it only do the scan in the case no filename is provided, or if it always do the scan anyway also on RSX. Either way, RSX responds before VMS even to seem to start thinking about it.

	Johnny