[HECnet] NT 4 on AlphaServer es40

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Wed Feb 13 12:18:07 PST 2013

El 13/02/2013, a les 20:57, Steve Davidson <jeep at scshome.net> va escriure:

Really?   Are you sure that does not have more to do with the fact that
the VAX only has a 10M NIC where as the Raspberry Pi has a 10/100 NIC.
I have not clocked the virtual 11/83 on my RPI but the virtual VAX runs
at about 1.6 VUPs.   That would put it in the VAX-11/785 class - ie not
all that fast...

Well, that could be an explanation. But the two vaxstations are connected via AUI adapters to a 10MBPS hub, while the rasp-pi must go thru two switches before it gets to that hub...

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES