PDP-11 arch & OS ownership, was Re: [HECnet] NT 4 on AlphaServer es40

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Feb 12 12:36:59 PST 2013

On 2013-02-12 06:15, John Wilson wrote:
From: Brett Bump <bbump at rsts.org>

Domain Name:XX2247.ORG
Registrant Name:John Wilson
Registrant Organization:XX2247

Ah, ha ha ha ha!   Ok, John fess up.   What is the real scoop? ;-)

Actually unrelated!   I set that up ages ago for a documentation project
that I'm, um, still getting around to.   Other than the obvious name, it's
nothing to do with the XX2247 which may or may not own the PDP-11 software.
(And thanks Dave McGuire for the key in the blurry picture!)

Oh, XX2247 LLC do own the software, even if HP still have control over things. :-(

The worst disservice DEC ever did to the PDP-11 community...