[HECnet] NT 4 on AlphaServer es40

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Feb 11 13:10:43 PST 2013

On 02/11/2013 04:07 PM, Steve Davidson wrote:
NT 4.0 and all service packs were supported on Alpha.   NT 5.0 (aka
Windows 2000) beta worked as well until Compaq pulled the plug.

  Frightening.

As for
speed...   The Alpha's kicked series ASS running NT.   One of my Jensen's
still runs V4.0 and it cooks right along!

  I reloaded several Jensens with Digital UNIX at customer sites.   They
ran rings around their previous NT installs on the same hardware.   It
wasn't 4.0, though; I seem to recall it was 3.something.