[HECnet] NT 4 on AlphaServer es40

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Feb 11 12:44:26 PST 2013

On 11 Feb 2013, at 15:41, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 02/11/2013 03:39 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I'm attempting to get NT 4 installed on my alpha server es40   is there
an NT 4 TSE hardware support disk for this?

I got it to boot using the DS20 disk   but despite having 2 keyboards
plugged in   neither work in NT setup (this is early setup, too!)

Any ideas?   The ES40 hates this damn keyboard...

The stuff you're trying to mate is like 15-20 years apart...I really
don't think you're going to have much luck there.

15 years?   TSE was released in 1998, the ES40 in 2000/2001, and the current firmware build was released in 2007!

I don't know what "TSE" is, but I could've sworn the ES40 was more
like 2005, and NT for Alpha died (thank heaven) YEARS before 1998.

Terminal Services Edition.   You might be thinking of the discontinuation date for the ES40.

Perhaps they (stupidly) kept supporting it   ?

It seems they half-stopped supporting it.   There are DS20 drivers (2001 again) yet support WAS dropped in 1998.