[HECnet] VS4000/90: Up and running!

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Fri Feb 8 13:10:18 PST 2013

On 2/8/2013 3:52 PM, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:
Oh, now I need a disk for that machine. Right now it is running diskless as a satellite of my 4000/60, paging via ethernet (ouch!). I have some SCA-68-50 pin adapters for SCSI disks, and I have used those with success with 4GB drives, but I have read somewhere the vaxstation firmware can't handle disks bigger than that. Anyone knows if that is true? Can I plug in a generic, big SCSI disk and hope it will work?

Tell that to the 146GB SCA SCSI disks I have in my 4000/90.

One word of warning, the disk carrier won't fit back into the machine with the SCA/50-pin adapters. The cables hit the inside "wall" between the disks and 5.25" bay.

-brian