[HECnet] Easiest way to do 'sed' type search and replace on VMS...

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Sat Feb 9 05:30:56 PST 2013

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons <jg at jordi.guillaumes.name> writes:

El 09/02/2013, a les 1:23, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> va escriure:

Of course, but I left that out for the sake of brevity. How do I =
invoke TECO on VMS? I've only heard apocryphal tales of it's less than =
simple syntax, never actually used it..

EDIT/TECO

VMS is easy :)=20

But perhaps you will want to take a look at SUMSLP.

=
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/73final/documentation/pdf/ovms_sumslp_util.p=
df

Or even to TPU... :)

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name HECnet:
BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES

SUMSLP is limited.   Delete and insert lines.   There's not substitution.

TPU is a powerful text editing programming language.   A steeper learning
curve.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG