[HECnet] DECnet Phase-III anywhere?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Feb 7 08:26:05 PST 2013

On 2013-02-07 16:10, Bob Armstrong wrote:
That would mean at least RSX-11M V3 (or M+ V2),

    I found an SPD (no software kits, sadly!) for DECnet-11M Phase III and
RSX-11M v3.2, but it's dated 1984.   That's later then I would have expected
- I could have sworn that Phase IV was out by then.   Actually by the fall of
84 I was working at DEC and I'm sure we had Phase IV on VMS by then.   Do you
know when Phase III first shipped?

That sounds very surprising. DECnet Phase IV was introduced in 1982, and RSX was at the initial launch.
Are you sure about the date, and that it's phase III only?

Phase III was introduced in 1980.