[HECnet] snmp auto config load

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Feb 6 13:40:48 PST 2013

On 6 Feb 2013, at 16:39, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 02/06/2013 04:31 PM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
Ok, put the following on your router:

*access-list 1 permit 216.15.64.181*

*snmp-server community <community name> rw 1

Choose an unused access-list of course. :)

This will allow only me to access your read/write snmp community.*

Give me the community string you've used. I'll add it to the db and
everytime a new config is generated it'll autoload that on your router.

Keep in mind that I'm not doing a 'wr mem'/'copy run start' yet as I
haven't quite figured that one out yet so if you reload your router
you'll lose the latest version uploaded.

Done on my end.   Community string sent in unmarked private mail.

I will need to get a little crazy to enable SNMP to the outside I think...