[HECnet] Cisco Tunnel Project

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Feb 1 14:15:01 PST 2013

On 01/31/2013 01:16 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I had a quick look in to this today and started setting up a lab, but
got distracted by real work.   From what I can see though, you can't
execute any interface configuration commands.   So, it would have to be
a complete copy of the config from FTP to NVRAM followed by a reboot.

Personally, I'd be a bit uneasy about downloading a random config
periodically and just loading it on to my router.   If it was going to
be a mesh I'd rather get an update with the details of endpoints, etc.
and do it myself.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that either.

Nor am I.   I'm annoyed with how limited KRON is   I expected it to be as [powerful as the rest of IOS.

  Well...big Ciscos are usually used in environments where they are
either remotely managed centrally by a big software package, or by a
staff of people manually.   I was quite surprised to hear that KRON even
existed, given how I've seen Ciscos managed in the past.