[HECnet] Request for comments on subdividing area 9

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Jan 8 15:08:06 PST 2013

On 8 Jan 2013, at 18:05, "Rob Jarratt" <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:
Area routers should actually be at the top end of the range ie 9.1023 and down from there. That is because higher numbered nodes take priority over lower numbered ones with the same priority. That way if a    rogue    area router appears it won   t take over the routing, unless deliberately configured to do so.

Okay, I'll shift the administration/routing segment to 9.1000-9.1023 then.

Regards

Rob