[HECnet] DMC11 in next simh version... looks nice, and question about TOPS-10

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 3 00:42:17 PST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE [mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE]
On Behalf Of Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
Sent: 03 January 2013 07:27
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] DMC11 in next simh version... looks nice, and
question
about TOPS-10

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
Barcelona - Catalunya - Europa

El 03/01/2013, a les 0:10, "Rob Jarratt" <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> va
escriure:
I have been
struggling particularly with PDP10, trying to get TOPS-10 to use it,
but I really don't know how and my attempt to build a new monitor with
DMR11 emulation (almost identical to DMC11) failed at the link stage,
but I don't know why.

That is what happens here too... My guess is it is necessary to build a
modified TOPS10.REL. But without the docs it can be quite difficult.=

I have had communication from a PDP10 expert who makes me think it is *much*
more complex than just rebuilding the monitor. The DMR11 may well have been
in the PDP11 front end and I am not sure how that is done in SIMH at the
moment.

Regards

Rob